Monday, February 15, 2010

Baloney Heads - I'm A Drunk




A. I'm A Drunk


B1. Life's Rough


B2. D.T.'s Reprise


THE BALONEY HEADS (Cleveland, OH)
I'm A Drunk b/w Life's Rough/D.T.'s Reprise
O-No (NR-12007), 1980

From the opening warning of "O-No, it's the Baloney Heads!" to the British accents and chantable "I'm a drunk, I'm a drunk" choruses, this Ohio single reigns supreme in the category of dumb punk. In fact, "I'm A Drunk" was comped on Bloodstains Across The Midwest.

On the flip side, "Life's Rough" is a solid punk tune that comes across as a sinister take of "What I Like About You," complete with hand claps. The record closes with "DT's Reprise," a bizarre flange-induced, backwards-sounding, almost psychedelic reworking of the title track.

Although this five-piece from Cleveland received some local airplay on WMMS and were around from 1978 until 1982, they only ever released this one unforgettable single on their own "O-No" record label. They played a reunion show in 1988 to celebrate their 10 year anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment